THE METS ARE PRICELESS
On Saturday, Maggie and I went to Shea Stadium to watch the New York Mets play Joe Torre's Los Angeles Dodgers.
It was kind of a boring game -- at least for the first seven innings -- so we bought a lot of snacks:
- a hot dog -- $5.00
- a large Diet Pepsi in a commemorative cup -- $5.00
- a hot pretzel -- $4.50
- a slice of pizza -- $5.25
- a bottle of Snapple ice tea -- $5.25
- a bottle of Aquafina water -- $4.50
- another hot dog -- $5.00
- another Diet Pepsi in a commemorative cup -- $5.00
- a Carvel ice cream in in a commemorative cup -- $5.25
I also bought a souveneir program for $5.
That makes the total expenditure, above and beyond the ticket price...
Supposedly, when the Mets' new stadium opens next season, there are going to be several "world-class" restaurants for fans to enjoy, both before and after the game.
Who the fuck is going to be able to afford to eat at these restaurants? If the Mets are charging $5.25 for eight cents worth of shitty soft-serve ice cream in a chintzy little plastic baseball cap, what is a steak going to cost?
The way the Mets are playing right now, they should be giving food away to their fans!
By the way the Mets won 3-2 on a Fernando Tatis run-scoring single in the 8th inning.